Today I am going to share my quick and simple day to day makeup routine. Normally I would wear more makeup than shown below, but since time will no longer be on my side I decided to change my routine up a bit. Basically I cut the time it takes me to apply my makeup in half!
As you can see I am no makeup snob. Some of my favorite products you can pick up at your local drugstore where others are a bit more fancy.
Here is my step by step process:
1. Cover all those imperfections and dark under eye circles with some concealer. With a newborn on the way I can only imagine those circles will become darker making concealer a key piece in my daily routine. I have tried so many different concealers and this Maybelline Coverstick seems to be the only one that covers my circles. I would love any recommendations for a good concealer.
2. Apply foundation. I use a loose powder foundation from bareMinerals. I don't have the patience for cream foundation. I am also not a huge fan of pressed powder, so loose powder it is. I have tried different brands but always resort back to good ole' bareMinerals.
3. Apply bronzer to my cheeks, forehead, and nose for some highlighting. I just recently purchased this bronzer from the line Simply Just Vera line and absolutely love it. It's the perfect touch of color.
4. Add some color to my eyes with bareMinerals high shine eye color. It's really simple and quick to apply. After I apply a coat, I use an eye shadow brush to blend the color in so it is not too overwhelming.
5. Curl the eyelashes. Revlon eye lash curler does the job spectacularly.
6. Apply Mascara. This is another product where I have tried a million different brands and always end up back at CVS purchasing Loreal. This mascara adds volume and length, the best of both worlds!
7. Fill in the brows with Laura Mercier brow definer. This step can be skipped by many. Unfortunately my brows need some added definition, so I rarely skip this step.
8. Last but not least add some color to those cheeks. I use a shade of pink from the Simply Just Vera line.
Sometimes I will add a 9th step: a colorful shade of lipstick. Check out a few of my favorite shades here.
If I am really pressed for time, I will just use concealer, mascara, and blush. Those three products are enough for a fresh faced look.
It's that simple!!