Oh yeah, that's me. Just thought you should know.
Last Saturday-ish, my parents were unpacking boxes, so I was charged with lunch. I found some black bean burgers in the fridge, and then pretty much winged it from there. I LOVED the result, so I thought I'd share it with ya'll. I'm not very good at recipes, so just use your common sense if you do end up trying something like this.
Time: 15 Minutes
Difficulty: If I can do this, even your 4 year-old can do this.
Makes: 4 Servings
- 2-3 1/4 lb black bean burgers (We have a huge box from Costco)
- 6-8 Corn-tortilla sized flatbreads. It doesn't really matter what you use, just that they're kinda small.
- Mesclun greens
- Mexican Cheese Mix (Shredded)
- 8-10 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- Sliced almonds
- Your favorite dip or spread.
1, Put them burger on the pan and heat 'em up! Make sure they're a little crispy for texture. Have your tortilla element going simultaneously.
2. Mix up your sauce while those two are cooking away. I mixed some tandoori masala with tomato and basil hummus from Trader Joe's and it was absolutely delicious!
That's it guys! I thought this was hilariously simple and perfect for enjoying out on the steps with some strawberries and iced lemonade, and I hope you think so too! Thanks for having me, Erin! I loved it! :)