So today marks the 34th week of my pregnancy and boy did it fly! Only six weeks to go, yikes. The excitement builds everyday as well as the panic. It is all a bit overwhelming at times, though I can't help but think that feeling is only natural. To be honest I still have those moments sometimes when I stop and think "I'm really having a baby." Overall, this has been a pretty easy pregnancy and I am thankful for that. I'm hoping I can get through these next six weeks with as much ease as the first thirty-four weeks. The worrying started the minute I found out I was pregnant and that is here to stay. I mean how can I not worry everyday for the rest of my life when I no longer only have myself to take care of. But I am surely looking forward to some long snuggle sessions with my little man once he arrives. Oh and you know what else I'm looking forward to, fitting in my clothes again!
So I thought I would share some of my favorite and least favorite things about being pregnant. Let's see if any of you mama's (or mama's to be) feel/felt the same.
- the all day kicking that currently takes place in my belly.
- this seriously huge bump I have going on over here (when else would you embrace feeling huge).
- seeing my little boy every month since I needed to have an ultrasound every month due to some issue (which thankfully is no longer an issue).
- having an excuse to be weighted on by the fiancee (selfish, i know!).
- shopping for lil man clothes.
- the excitement I feel everyday to meet this little guy...it is indescribable.
- the challenge of staying true to my style throughout this body changing journey (I guess you need to love fashion as much as I do to actually enjoy this).
Not so favorite things:
- the exhaustion! It's unlike anything you have ever experienced before.
- the ugly, bumpy veins on my right leg due to all the pressure the baby is putting on that side (yes disgusting, i know!).
- the unbearable sciatic pain I had for about 3 weeks. I don't miss that.
- not being able to wear my heels anymore because believe me I had every intention on prancing around in them throughout this pregnancy!
- not being able to eat cold cuts. All I want is an italian hero, is that too much to as for?!?
- that fact that trying to shave my legs is an extremely hard task these days
I'm pretty sure y'all are happy the weekend is here. Since I'm not currently working, the weekends feel the same as every other day. My girlfriend and I are having a yard sale tomorrow. Lets hope I can make it through the heat. What do you have planned for the weekend? Hopefully something fabulous! Well whatever it is, enjoy!